Marcasite gemstone is actually made of fool’s gold or pyrite. No doubt, marcasite, itself is a beautiful one and enough to increase someone’s beauty. The marcasite stone is popular for its black color. But if you are not honest to clean and care for the gemstone, it will lose its beauty and affection. But the problem starts with cleaning time. There are a fewways of cleaning the gemstone. You might use vinegar, baking soda, ammonia, coke, ketchup or even general water to clean the marcasite stone and jewelry. There is a little scope of using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean your marcasite jewelry. Because ultrasonic cleaner is suitable for the goods made with metal, glass or ceramic as well. But the cleaner is not perfect for cleaning stones. So, you can pullout the stone from the jewelry and then use the ultrasonic cleaner to clean the only jewelry. After cleaning the jewelry set up the stone where it was.
Clean Jewelry With Solution
Must-Use Cleaning Clothes
Following the steps, you can clean your marcasite gemstone at home.
Vinegar is one kind of liquid consists of nearly 5 to 20% of acid, water or other chemicals. The vinegar is not only perfect for your jewelry but also for your all other household activities like clean your piano key, restore your rugs, remove calendar wax, get rid of the smoke odor, clean stainless steel, clean your microwave etc. Now, see the steps of cleaning the marcasite jewelry.
- Simply drop your marcasite jewelry into the jar of vinegar and let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After finishing the time, collect the jewelry from the jar. and
- Scrub the jewelry smoothly with the help of a soft and clean toothbrush, if needed.
- Finally, dry your jewelry with the help of the soft and clean cloth.
Using Baking Soda
Sodium bicarbonate is known as baking soda that is used to clean the surface of jewelry. It is one of the most used methods to clean your jewelry manually. The professionals sometimes also use this method to clean up jewelry. You can use this formula to clean your all kinds of jewelry not only this marcasite jewelry but also diamond, gold or silver as well. The process is also very simple. Let’s start the simplest cleaning process.
- Firstly, make a thick paste using ¼ cup baking soda with 2 tablespoons clean water.
- Apply the paste on your jewelry, do it very carefully.
- Gently rub the paste with a clean and soft toothbrush.
- Do the process for about 5 minutes.
- After that dry your jewelry with clean jewelry polishing cloth.
- Polish the jewelry by using a polishing cloth.Now, your jewelry is ready for you.
Ammonia basically is used with water in an ultrasonic cleaner. The ratio is 6:1. It means 6 parts water and 1 part ammonia. Be careful while cleaning the jewelry because the ultrasonic cleaner is not made to clean stone. It uses sound waves to remove dirt from the jewelry that is not suitable for any kind of stolen. And can damage the jewelry.
- You have to put-out the stone from the jewelry.
- Scrub the stone carefully with a soft tooth brush.
- After cleaning the jewelry, restore the diamond carefully, where it was before.
Ketchup is also known as tomato sauce or red sauce. It is one kind of condiment. This ketchup is one of the best and simplest ways to clean your old jewelry. Let’s start the cleaning process.
- Liquidate your jewelry in the blow of the ketchup and keep the jewelry in the blow for about 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t keep it too long because the acid from tomato and vinegar can damage your valuable jewelry.
- After that time, remove the jewelry from the ketchup and scrub the paste with a clean and soft toothbrush.
- Wash the jewelry with warm water.
- Dry with a clean and soft cloth.
- Polish the jewelry and the stone using a polishing cloth. Complete the process with taking enough time and care.
Someone can’t believe that they are going to clean their jewelry with the coke, that they usually drink as a soft drink. The average pH value of coca-cola or Pepsi is 3.4. That level of pH is enough to clean rust from any metal ceramic as well. By using this cake you can clean your toilet too. It is really amazing to think. Now come to the cleaning process.
- First, drop your jewelry into the can of coke.
- Keep the jewelry in the coke about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the time ends, collect your jewelry from the can.
- Dry with soft cloth carefully.
- Keep the jewelry in your stock with the box of fiber.
Using Tap Water or Cleaning Solution
- Collect soft cotton cloth. Let’s dampen the cloth. Damp cloth cleans the gemstone in a better way. You can use a dry cloth if you want.
- Tap water is okay, for better result you can use the cleaning solution along with the general tap water.
- Apply the cloth on the surface of the gemstone and rub the stone gently. Take time to perform the work. Where you can reach, you can use a soft used toothbrush to clean.
- If you use the damp cloth, now dry the gemstone with a dry one.
Avoid when cleaning
- Don’t use an ultrasonic cleaner or steam cleaner for cleaning your jewelry. You can use the cleaner for silver or gold part of your jewelry. In these case, you need to clean the stone manually. Because stone is not suitable for the cleaner.
- Need not using any chemical.
- If you clean your stone daily, please don’t liquidate the stone into the water.
- You can use cotton gloves for extra protection.
- You have to use clothes made of soft cloth.
After performing the cleaning process, choose a safe, dry place to store the jewelry. As you don’t accept any unexpected damage to your stone.
Clean Hard Gemstone With Ultrasonic Cleaner [IF NEEDED]
Here given links of some ultrasonic cleaners give you an awesome experience.