Amber is one of the most famous fossil resin. Having different color and shape makes the resin as a gemstone. There are five classes of amber as well. It was actually discussed in 4th century BC. Now it is treated as a valuable gemstone. As the stone is made of resin, it gets dirty quickly. The stone gives you natural look, but if you are not interested to clean the jewelry, the jewelry gets dirty and loss its glamour as well. As the jewelry’s stone is not like a general stone so chemical can harm the jewelry and the stone both. In this article, you will learn about the steps of cleaning amber jewelry without applying chemicals like vinegar, acid, ketchup, baking soda.
Cleaning the amber jewelry by using simple silver polishing cloth. By the help of this polishing cloth, you can clean your other jewelry as well. The big advantage of this polishing cloth is that you can clean the jewelry without using chemical, harmful to your jewelry and stone. Let’s see the steps of this method.
Collect the Silver Polishing Cloth:
You can find the polishing cloth in the jewelry supply shop or simply buy it on online. Buy the polishing cloth which as both light and dark panel. Here, the light panel will be used to clean dirt from the surface of the jewelry and the dark paned will used for cleaning the amber stone.
Rub the jewelry with the light panel of the polishing cloth:
In the second step use the light side of the cloth to clean metal part of the jewelry. Rub gently until the jewelry is clean or dust free.
Polish the Amber Stone with the dark panel of the polishing Cloth:
With the help of the dark side, polish the stone carefully. Use cycle movements to make sure cleaning the amber stone quickly.
- If you are not able to collect the silver polishing cloth, use the microfibre cloth to clean and polish the amber jewelry.
- Use the light side for metal part of the jewelry and dark part for the amber stone. Don’t exchange the cloth side.
By using this three steps of cleaning you can clean your amber jewelry without any damage. Always follow the careful part of cleaning interaction to perform the cleaning process problem free.
How to Clean Amber Stone
Amber is now considered as one of the most valuable and beautiful natural stone although it is the fossil resin. Having a long history and various color makes the stone unique and beautiful one. The stone can attract you by its glorious color and lighting as well. So, having the stone you should clean the stone on a daily basis. Carelessness and dirty will harm the glamour and color of the stone. By applying the following steps you can clean your amber stone without using the chemical.
Cleaning the amber stone with a damp cloth.
Take a Blow of Warm Soapy Water:
Fill a rummer with warm and clean water. And drop few amounts of liquid soap. You can use jewelry cleaning solution instead of soap.
Take Soft and Clean Cloth:
In this purpose microfiber or flannel cloth works best. Liquidate the cloth in the warm soapy water. Make sure the cloth is totally damp, not wet.
Rub the Cloth on the Stone Gently:
Carefully rub the damp cloth on the amber stone to remove the dirt from its surface. After clean the dirty use soft, clean, dry cloth to dry the amber or you can use air to do it as well.
Polish the Amber Stone with Olive Oil:
After dry the stone, polish it with olive oil. As the stone is actually made of tree resin, it will be more glorious and lightful after polishing with olive oil. You can use the polishing cloth or your hand simply.
- Don’t use any chemical instead of liquid soap like vinegar, acid or even baking soda.
- Wary the water in a limited level, generally mid-level warm.
- Use the cloth that is recommended to clean. Don’t use general, dirty cloth to clean the stone.
- Don’t use the ultrasonic cleaner to clean the stone. The ultrasonic sound waves are not perfect for any stone.
- If you clean multiple amber stones, let dry them one by one.
Hope your amber clean process will be perfect and problem free by using this methods and ways. After cleaning the stone, it will look like new and glorious one and perfect for you.
How to Clean Amber Necklace
Necklace made with the amber stone is one of the most wanted jewelry at the present. You should clean the amber necklace one time in a week if you use the jewelry daily. Regular cleaning gives you the best necklace, its color, glamour, and beauty as well. This article will help to clean the amber necklace without using any chemical. Clean amber necklace by using the warm soapy water is the best way to perform the cleaning process. Let’s see the cleaning process.
Take-Two Blows with Warm Water:
Prepare two blows having lukewarm water. The blows will be as large as like your necklace. One blow will be used for washing the necklace and another for rinse it.
Drop Some Amount of Liquid Soap in One of the Blow:
You can use jewelry cleaning solution for this purpose or can use just the general soap as well. Nod the water and the soap so that it can mix quickly.
Dip the Necklace into the Soapy Water:
Now dip the amber necklace into the blow of warm soapy water. Gently rub the necklace with the help of your finger or clean cloth or soft, clean toothbrush to remove the dirt from the amber necklace. Continue the process until the necklace becomes dirty free and looks like new.
Rinse the necklace into the clean water:
After cleaning the jewelry in the soapy water, dip it into another blow having clean water. Keep the jewelry in the clean water just like one minute.
Dry the Amber Necklace:
Now dry the necklace with the help of a soft, clean cloth. Do the drying process immediately by manually, not allow the amber to dry it by itself. It may harm your amber stone.
Polish the Necklace by Olive Oil:
As the stone actually made of tree resin, having oil the stone becomes much more beautiful. At the final stage, drop few amounts of olive oil on your palm of your hand and gently rub the necklace. Erase the oil with the help of soft cloth from the necklace.
- Don’t use too much warm water.
- Don’t use any chemical like vinegar, acid or baking soda instead of the liquid soap.
- Use soft, clean microfiber cloth to dry the necklace. Don’t let the necklace dry by itself.
- Don’t soak the amber necklace for a long period of time.
- Don’t use the ultrasonic cleaner to clean the amber necklace. If your amber sits in the metal necklace, you can use the cleaner for the metal part of the necklace, not the stone.
- If you have not the olive oil, you can use any light oil instead of the olive oil.
Hope your cleaning process, with the help of the article, will be problem free and perfect as well. And you will get a clean, new amber necklace for your use.
How to Clean Amber Teething Necklace
Amber teething necklace is actually designed and made for children. This amber teething necklace is now used as teething medicine for babies. The necklace emits succinic acid, absorbed by the baby skin and workes as a painkiller remedy as well. As it is used by a child, so you should clean the amber teething necklace as much as you can. You have to avoid using any kind of chemical that can harm not only the necklace but also your baby too. The following steps will help you to clean your amber teething necklace without any problem.
- Step 1: Collect a blow having clean and safe water. Water can be warm.
- Step 2: Take a clean, soft cloth. The cloth should be microfabric. Dip the cloth into the water. Make the cloth damp not wet.
- Step 3: Gently rub the damp cloth on the teething necklace.
- Step 4: Dry the teething necklace with the help of a soft and clean cloth.
- Don’t use any chemical in the water.
- Use a microfiber cloth for rubbing and drying the necklace.
- If you want to polish the necklace, use the polishing cloth, not olive oil.
- Don’t use the ultrasonic cleaner to clean your amber teething necklace.
As the necklace related to your babies health, you should care about the safety of the necklace. The following above 4 steps of the cleaning process will help you to clean amber teething necklace. Hope your cleaning process will be problem free.